PageRenderTime 23ms CodeModel.GetById 22ms app.highlight 0ms RepoModel.GetById 1ms app.codeStats 0ms

Unknown | 32 lines | 27 code | 5 blank | 0 comment | 0 complexity | c3d06a10c3d1f401458de638362d9cb4 MD5 | raw file
Possible License(s): MPL-2.0-no-copyleft-exception, BSD-3-Clause, LGPL-2.0, LGPL-2.1, BSD-2-Clause, 0BSD, JSON, AGPL-1.0, GPL-2.0
 1Replied: Sun, 19 Dec 93 09:58:30 PST
 2Replied: "Darren Reed <> "
 4Received: by id AA12017; Sun, 19 Dec 93 07:04:44 -0800
 5Message-Id: <>
 6Received: by
 7	( id AA10850; Mon, 20 Dec 1993 02:07:21 +1100
 8From: Darren Reed <>
 9Subject: Addition for 4.9 "contrib" directory
11Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1993 02:07:20 +1000 (EDT)
12X-Mailer: ELM [version 2.4 PL21]
13Mime-Version: 1.0
14Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
15Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
16Content-Length: 67950     
19Well, I just sent one letter off to, being from the 4.9 README I had.
21So, to sum up what I said, I've included below, some code I've written to
22perform async. DNS lookups - `replacements' for gethostbyname and
23gethostbyaddr.  I've written and tested it mainly on a HP-UX machine, so
24I'm not sure how it will port to others, but I've tried to keep the amount
25of OS specific code to a minimum.
27The Makefile is setup to work best from "contrib/arlib", which is how I
28checked to make sure it worked and ran well.  There's a man page included